Monday 23 April 2012

Aliens in Gloucester? Businessman spots UFO

By Profile image for The Citizen

WHAT was hovering above Gloucester earlier this month?
City visitor Tony Perry doesn't believe the slow-moving object over Barnwood was a bird, an aeroplane, or a Chinese lantern.   

       ​Chinese lanterns floating in the night sky - file picture
Chinese lanterns floating in the night sky - file picture

The businessman watched the UFO from the back of his mum's house while he nipped out for a late night cigarette. "Before I saw this I thought 99per cent of sightings were fake or mistaken," he said.
"I wish I had never seen this object as I cannot explain what it was."
Tony, from Winchester, was visiting his mum in the city when he saw a bright light in the sky.
"I thought it might be some kind of new lazer that pubs and clubs use to publicise themselves, then I realised it was coming towards me," said Tony, who saw it at 10.45pm on Friday, April 6.
He said it was flying at around 500 to 700ft – he lives near a helicopter base and is familiar with the 500ft flypasts there.
"I had a good sight of it because it was below the level of the cloud."
He was puzzled by the lack of noise and no discernible fuselage.
"I could not see the outer shell, there were just eight or nine orange lights."
He believes it was travelling at around 30mph, below stalling speed to most aircraft. The last time he saw it, it was travelling towards the Air Balloon roundabout at Birdlip.
"I have no idea what it was. All I know is that it was unidentified, it was flying, and it was an object."