Thursday, 2 February 2012

The alien abduction of police officer Herbert Schirmer

Prufon News
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Whether you believe it or not, the following story is a fascinating one. Perhaps one day the governments of the world will tell us what they know... if they know. But we must adhere to the fact that there are many UFO and alien encounters observed by credible eyewitnesses of different professions around the world e.g., fighter pilots, commercial pilots, military personnel, former presidents, astronomers, astronauts, and yes, by police officers like Herbert Schirmer. This abduction is considered alongside officer Lonnie Zamora case of Socorro, New Mexico of 1964, as major UFO encounters by seasoned law enforcement officers whose credibility should not be denied.
The story according to officer Schirmer:
On December 3, 1967, around 2:30 am, near Ashland, Nebraska (USA), 22-year-old police sergeant Herbert Schirmer, was making his normal patrol rounds when he noticed some red lights on the intersection of highways 6 and 63. Thinking that they were red lights atop a large truck, he approached on highway 63 and shone his high beams on it. At this point, he realized that it was no truck, but a disc-shaped object with a polished aluminum surface and with a type of catwalk going around it.
The blinking red beaming lights were coming through what Schirmer described as "portholes" around the craft. The UFO appeared to be a mere six to eight feet above the road, and was hovering in the air with a slight tilt and could see what he thought were "legs" underneath the object.
Then the object began to slowly ascend, making a siren kind of noise, and issuing a flame-like display from the underside. Sticking his head out the window, Sgt. Schirmer watched the UFO pass nearly overhead. Then suddenly it shot up and out of sight.
Believe it or not!:
Schirmer then got out of the police car and, with a flashlight in hand, inspected the surface of the road where the object had hovered so low to the ground. After this, he drove to the police station and wrote in the logbook, "Saw a flying saucer at the junction of highways 6 and 63. Believe it or not!"
He was puzzled to notice that it was now 3:00 am, as the sighting seemingly lasted no more than ten minutes. As the morning wore on, Schirmer was to suffer a headache, a "weird buzzing" in his head, and would discover that he had a "red welt" on his neck. It was about two inches long and about half an inch wide, and was located on the "nerve cord" below one of his ears.
A few hours later, Chief Bill Wlaskin would visit the alleged encounter site and find a small metallic artifact. Chemical analysis revealed it was composed of iron and silicon. Investigators from the Condon Committee speculated that it was probably "ordinary corroded earthly waste."
The Condon Committee investigates:
The Condon Committee, located at the University of Colorado, which investigated UFO sightings at the time, heard of Schirmer's sighting, and requested that he come to Boulder, Colorado. On February 13, 1968, Schirmer would undergo hypnotic regression, administered by psychologist Dr. Leo Sprinkle of the University of Wyoming.
Schirmer relates his encounter through hypnosis:
During the hypnotic regression session, Schirmer would bring out many new details that he had suppressed. He explained that as he neared the UFO, the engine in his police cruiser stalled. Some type of blurry white object emerged from the UFO and communicated with him telepathically. This object kept Schirmer from drawing his firearm. He tried to call the sheriff's office but his radio was dead.
Suddenly, he observed a red-orange glow on the bottom of the craft, and saw a hatch open. He said, "It was then that a shape of a man came out and walked over to the front of the patrol car. Then a second man came out of the craft and walked over to the car. The first man stood in front of the patrol car holding a small box-like object and pressed something on it. A green mist came out, spraying all over the patrol car. The other man walked over to the driver's side of the patrol car, reached inside and pressed a silver object against my neck, directly under my left ear. I felt a tingling sensation go through my whole body."
They power their craft through electric power lines:
He continued relating that the humanoid beings escorted him from his car and into the ship, where the leader, then asked, "Are you the watchman of this town?" Schirmer answered, "Yes sir, I am". He spoke again, "Watchman, come with me." The gray-white skinned alien gave him a tour and explained how the craft operated, showed him the power source and computers onboard, and answered questions on the purpose of their mission on Earth.
Other facts recalled by the police officer were that the beings from the ship were friendly; they powered their UFO through the electric lines, and had a base of operation on the planet Venus.
The leader explained to Schirmer that the craft had landed to extract power from a nearby hydroelectric transmission line. The leader said, "Look watchman." Then Schirmer saw a blue bolt of light, through a porthole. It was like a beam and it hit the transformer on a power pole approximately 200 feet from the craft. There was a bright flash of fire and the blue bolt came back to the craft.
He also said that they have been observing us for a long time." Herbert Schirmer was then escorted from the UFO and returned to his police cruiser. He watched as the craft flew away and got lost out of sight high in the sky.
The aliens' descriptions:
The entities were described about 4½ to 5 feet tall, had slightly slanted "catlike" eyes that didn’t blink, gray-white skin, long and thin heads, with flat noses and slit-like mouths. They wore silver-gray uniforms, gloves, and helmets, which had a small antenna on the left side around their ear. One odd fact that was described was that the aliens wore uniforms with an emblem of a winged serpent on the left breast, similar to the winged serpents that have appeared in mythology around the world. Schirmer had the impression that the small antennas were for communicating mentally with him somehow.
The Condon Committee concluded that, "Evaluation of psychological assessment tests, the lack of any evidence, and interviews with the patrol officer, left project staff with no confidence that the trooper's reported UFO experience was physically real." However, psychologist Dr. Sprinkle (the one who hypnotized him) reasoned that officer Schirmer "believed in the reality of the events he described."
Schirmer’s personal problems:
When Schirmer returned to his duties in Ashland, Police Chief Wlaskin resigned, and Shirmer was appointed as the new police chief. But when the townspeople ridiculed Schirmer because of his UFO experience, they hanged him in effigy as an expression that they didn't believe him. His patrol car was subsequently dynamited, his tires were slashed, and a windshield was broken on his car. To exacerbate his misfortune, his wife left him.
He stated, "I would give somebody a traffic ticket and they would look at me and laugh, and tear up the ticket. What could I do? Schirmer stated in an interview at his home.
Due to that, he was unable to rightfully perform his duties and resigned two months later. But despite the ridicule and the misfortune, Schirmer has stubbornly stuck to his story since 1967 and feels he is ready to tell it to the world no matter what.
Looking for relief from his psychological problems, he would undergo more hypnotic regressions on June of 1968. Hypnotist Loring G. Williams conducted the sessions, which would reveal many more details of his encounter with the UFO. There would be two books written about his experiences, "Gods, Demons, and Space Chariots" and "Gods and Devils from Outer Space" by Eric Norman.
Please note: These UFO occupants were described something like the beings encountered by Filiberto Cardenas in Florida (USA) in 1979. The aliens wore tight-fitted silvery bluish-white one-piece suits covering everything except the face. He also observed an emblem worn on the right side of the chest with an “X” lying down with a raised serpent in the center and a button-like earphone over the right ear with a small antenna sticking out the top. You can read about Filiberto Cardenas encounter here.

Officer Schirmer endured a sad experience. Is it better to keep quiet when one sees a UFO and/or its occupants? Many people who have gone through a similar experience had to live with it all their lives for fear of being ridiculed. In the case of officer Schirmer, as a public servant had to report what he saw, therefore had to log it in the logbook at his headquarters. But sadly the town residents aggressively did not believed him, which caused him to resign from his job. In the 1960’s, when "Flying Saucers" were beginning to be known, there were a lot more skepticism than today. Since those early years, a great number of professionals and reliable eyewitnesses have been involved in the sightings, and with the advent of computers, the Internet and videos movies etc., a lot more evidence of their existence has turned up.